Monday, November 10, 2008

November Fairs.

This weekend was filled with craft and nostalgia fairs, and holiday bazaars. It is definitely November. We ran into many old friends, some who were selling their wares and others who were there to look, and we met many new people who were more than eager to share their stories with us. I even got an offer for a quilting lesson! The special finds and great deals are always fun, but the kind words shared along the way really make the day for me.

I had seen little spice canisters exactly like this only smaller at Linens 'n Things, for $4.99 each. These were $2 for the set, brand new. They were orginally $3 a piece, but the kind lady selling them kept lowering the price without prompting. She was happy to be rid of them. Plus another pile of sweet linens!

A couple Pyrex dishes. I have been coveting the blue snowflake pattern since I saw it on a friend's flickr photostream, so I was glad to find this one. They need a good wash, but are in otherwise perfect condition.

A husband and wife team were selling these little pop-out Dutch cards. I couldn't resist. How cute are they?

I can't decide if I want to frame these or send them off to some very special friends.

The rest of the weekend was spent knitting the scarf that won't end! I have been working on this for a very, very long time, but I have had some wonderful company along the way. Can you spy the little fuzzy ones? One day soon this scarf will be finished, and just in time for the cold weather!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love the snowflake pyrex.

Nikki said...

It's perfect timing too, since it started snowing earlier today. I plan to use it a lot through the holiday season!

famousthecat said...

i REALLY NEED to go bazaar hopping with you! you have found some of the most amazing stuff!