Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Knit Knit.

It's cold and icy outside, and the holidays are packed away in a box in a cupboard in the basement. I am ready for Spring! It's a little late to be putting away holiday things, but sometimes I have trouble letting go. I am a sentimental fool and the holidays hold so many memories for me. Until next year!

In exciting news, I finished my hat! Okay, maybe it's only exciting for me. This was my second knitting project and it has taken less than two weeks as opposed to the year+ my first took.

Now I'm going to cast on those socks I'm making out of this yarn..

I love this yarn. It's so soft and the colours are amazing. If you're interested, the yarn is Manos Silk Blend. 30% silk, and 70% fine merino wool. It's kettle dyed, so I'm hoping the colours are a little more random than the yarn I've worked with in the past. I cannot wait to see how it knits up!

Hiding inside and knitting socks on a freezing cold Winter's day. That sounds just perfect, but it'll have to wait until after Lola's walk. Into the snow I go!

No comments: