Friday, January 16, 2009

Sock.

I couldn't help posting a picture of this almost half finished sock. I was very excited to start this project, and it has proven to be wonderful and relaxing. I forced myself to avoid knitting so tight with this project, and I think that's the key. There is no struggling and pulling, only smooth, fluid and repetitive motions, listening to the needles click clack, and clearing my head. I think the soft, pretty yarn helps too.

This photo might give you a better idea of colour.

Now I just need to remember to keep it up high each time I put it down. These two have already swiped it and unravelled the ball of yarn several times.

2 comments:

Vonlipi said...

I can't wait to see the finished sock!
I'm in awe of your knitting....

I love your little ones(pets), they are so mischievious and adorable!

Nikki said...

Thank you! I'm really only a beginner, but I've been having great fun with it.

They're lucky they're so adorable, otherwise I wouldn't put up with the mischeif! I'm sure you know all about that with your little ones though ;)