Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pyrex Love.

I've officially jumped on the Pyrex bandwagon. I love Pyrex! My mom has always had a few pieces of Pyrex in her kitchen, and while I have fond memories of cooking and baking in them, and I loved the weight and feel of those mixing bowls, I didn't think they were all that special. Last summer while at an Antique Market I came across these little pink Pyrex dishes that I immediately fell inlove with.

I later learned that the pattern name for these is Pink Gooseberry. I hadn't realized all the great patterns these dishes come in. I just wanted more and more, and it did not help that one of my favourite flickr members is an avid Pyrex collector with an amazing collection.

While I wanted more pieces, I didn't come across any more until late into the fall when I found these at a Church Bazaar.

Town & Country and Snowflakes! Perfect for holiday dishes.

Again, I didn't find anything else until today (unless you count the little plate I found thrifting) when I visited the Antique Market where I got the Pink Gooseberry dishes.

I went a little crazy, but how could I not with these great colours and patterns? The Butterprint Turquoise is a favourite pattern of mine, and the Pink Daisy..well, it's pink!

I cannot wait to mix and create in these bowls. I assembled this set from different booths around the Market, but the smallest bowl was nowhere to be found.

A sweet mixing bowl in the same Butterprint pattern.

And a refrigerator dish sans lid. I couldn't pass it up, I just love the rooster print. It looks like I'm trying to assemble a Butterprint collection! There were several pieces I passed up though, like the large butterprint casserole dish and the Shenandoah Cinderella bowls (that one I'm regretting, but the price was a little high). I couldn't buy everything, even if I wish I could have.

I almost passed on this one because I wasn't sure if I could scrub it clean, but I'm glad I didn't. It's such a cute piece and it suits me well.

I'm going to have to find more room to store these things if I allow my little collection to grow. Yes, I love Pyrex!

3 comments:

EvieDessa said...

OMG those are so friggin cute.

Vonlipi said...

Say it loud! be proud! Pyrex is wonderful!

I'm glad you jumped on the band wagon!

Happy collecting :)

Emily said...

I just stumbled across your blog (by reading comments on Posie Gets Cozy). Beautiful! Your kitty reminds me of my kitty, Ivan. Here is a picture of him. http://emuf.blogspot.com/2009/03/safety-first.html

Thanks for blogging! :)