Thursday, April 2, 2009

Shelves.

These shelves are the Benno CD/DVD tower from Ikea. A while ago I moved my CD/DVD collection into little storage boxes and this tower became display shelves for my little nick-nacks. The tower takes up very little floor space and is very useful, which is why it has stuck around after the CDs all found new homes, but I never really liked the look of it. I preferred it to the wire CD towers I kept finding at the time, but it was just so sharp and white. I wanted to change things up a bit, and when I found these vintage wallpaper samples I knew exactly what I'd use them for.

Much better!

It's not perfect and at some point I may decide it's too busy, but for now I think it looks just right.

I love how a few dollars and a quick and simple project can completely change the look of something like this.

No comments: