Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Amigurumi

I think it's kind of amazing that you can take a piece of string and turn it into something quite different. I love seeing something grow and transform in my hands, which is why I like crafting so much. I just think it's really neat. This past week I took a few pieces of string and worked them into a doll. The Naomi the Bear doll by Owlishly, although mine is actually wearing a monkey costume because I like monkeys so much.

The pattern was very easy to follow and crocheted up so quickly. I don't have much experience with crochet and this was really my first amigurumi. Her head dimensions look a bit off and I crocheted too loosely in places where you can see the stuffing showing through, but otherwise I think she is cute as heck.



Perhaps a tail is in her near future.

No comments: