Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Out Come the Berries

First thing each morning I slide open the back door, step onto the warm patio bricks, and creep over to my little garden, dish at the ready. Beneath the little green canopy are plump and juicy red berries ready to be made into breakfast smoothies. The hanging strawberry baskets are not doing as well as in previous years, so it is nice to have the little patch of berries planted firmly in the ground. Each year it grows as I transfer the potted berries into the garden at the end of the summer season.

There has been some sewing going on too. The pink/yellow side of my Folksy Flannels quilt is nearly finished, and the blue/green is coming along nicely. I do have to say that sewing with flannel in the summer is not the best idea.


I even have some help..

No comments: