Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Treat Making


My cousin joined me for some baking and holiday treat making. We get together every year just before the holidays to make our favourite recipes, and try some new ones to add to the ever growing list. We make way too many and package them up for gifts and holiday party treats. This year we made three - gingerbread cookies, peanutbutter and jelly cookies, and peppermint bark.


The gingerbread and pbj are both old family favourites with some tweaks to the recipes from my cousin's cookie book. The pbj were definitely the winner since we accidentally overcooked the gingerbread just a bit.


Our new recipe for the year was this incredible peppermint bark. The recipe is from orangette. I couldn't find the chocolate suggested, so I used another brand, making sure to match the percentages and ingredients. It is delicious and is going to be made again next year.


At this point we stopped for a Hannukah treat - Latkes!


I was so glad to share this day and tradition with my cousin, and am excited to share our treats with our friends and family.

No comments: