Sunday, March 25, 2012

Garden Dreaming


I have many dreams for the garden Jer and I will grow in our home. Raised beds, rain barrels, apple trees to harvest wood for chinchilla toys from, compost heap, enough fruit veggies to sustain us many months of the year and to share, transplanted flowers that have been transplanted into my parents' garden from both of my grandparents' gardens, and eventually some chickens (if I can get Jer on board), yes, so many plans and dreams. I have a pinterest folder filled with inspiration.

For now I am trying to expand my knowledge base and try new things. Normally we plant seeds straight into the ground and purchase already growing plants (tomatoes, strawberries, and cukes) from our local nurseries. This year, on a tighter budget, I decided to start seeds ourselves to transplant later.



More than a  little excited, I may have stated a bit early, but with the weather the way it has been, maybe not. It has been quite the experiment, and quite a pleasure watching this little seedings sprout up out of the soil and bask in the sun each day, slowing growing larger. I'm not sure if I'm doing things right, but I'm hopeful that several months from now some of these little seedlings will be beautiful, big plants producing delicious fruit and vegetables.


Growing plants from seeds to table is a beautiful experience.

Grow little ones, grow!

2 comments:

Jubes said...

I love those pots that you're growing marigolds in! The colour is gorgeous and once the flowers bloom...so pretty :)

Nikki said...

Thank you! They're actually Pyrex fridgies that were in very rough shape. I decided to re-purpose them as flower pots.