Thursday, June 28, 2012

Home


Coming home after a 12 day trip can be oh, so nice. I do miss spending all that alone time in Florida with my new hubby, and experiencing all those new places and things, but I missed our life here. I must admit I'm a bit of a homebody.
First thing this morning I was out picking those bright red raspberries. I missed this garden.
Along with all the changes happening in the garden - which I will post more about another time - there are now little baby robins in the nest in our grape arbor. Maybe not so little - there are feathers growing on this little one.
Of course I missed our little ladies too.
I missed pulling out the many projects I've been working on (yes, I am back to the 'fertility quilt' - the quilt I hand sew while going through fertility treatment cycles).
It's kind of a funny thing to miss, but I missed cooking our meals.

This evening had me out in the garden again, this time with a smoothie. I missed these. I like mine with greek yogurt, banana, a tiny squeeze of honey, and any berries I can find. I normally throw in a handful of spinach or kale, but we were out.

I'm glad to be home, but now I'm missing our trip. Funny how that works!

No comments: